Monday, May 23, 2011

Christmas - just a bit late....

Ian and I and my parents visited Willis and Amy in Arkansas for Christmas. We hadn't been together as a family since Willis and Amy's wedding at Christmas 2006. It was great to have chilly weather and a bit of snow as we were leaving. We got to love on their dogs and have a really relaxing time on their mountaintop.


For our fancy family dinner we went to the James Mill restaurant for some "haute Ozarks cuisine." It was delicious. The chocolate nemesis is divine!


We also stopped for a family portrait with the Arkansas State Champion Largest Black Oak tree. Arkansas has it all!


We hiked to the Hawksbill overlook and had a nice picnic. Willis and I may resemble each other a bit.


We went for a gorgeous hike that ended at a big cave with a small door. I didn't make it in, but I scraped my knuckles badly trying!


Even my mother thinks the *slight* difference in our height is amusing....


My Arkansas nieces and nephew love Christmas too. Clockwise from the top-left: Suzie, Ralphie, and Xochi!

-----
Meanwhile, on the other side of the Rockies, two of our human nieces and nephews were also enjoying Christmas!

I made the perfect The Christmas Story-inspired bunny suit for our new nephew. He's still small enough that the joke was manageable!


Our niece also modeled the bunny suit!

No comments:

Post a Comment